Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Technology take over?

Just recently my mother and I had a conversation about the fact that I am always on the computer, or texting and i am never actually on the phone conversing with them. She brought up the fact that eventually we are all going to forget what each other sound like. I then proceeded to try and explain to her about our class where we all participated in the online class. Needless to say I had to physically show her the program and explain very slowly. My mother uses face book, plays solitaire and is actually a decent typist, but she still doesn’t understand why no one uses the phone anyone. So then I asked myself, are we slowly losing our connection to our friends and family because of things like texting, twitter and Facebook. I don't know about you, but the way I find out when my extended families birthdays are is through Facebook, and then instead of calling them to wish them a happy birthday, it's so much easy to type up a quick "Happy Birthday, hope your day goes great!” Does it bother you, when your own family members don’t call you on your birthday and wish you a happy birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment