Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

new paths

Choosing a new path, isn’t easy. Sometimes, more or less most times things don’t work out as you planned, and things change. Everything happens for a reason. Deciding to go into education was what I always imagined I would do. Ever since I was little, I wanted to be a teacher. I wanted to help kids, and teach them and make them trust me like I trusted my grade seven and eight teacher. Addictions counselling was my second choice, if I didn’t get into education. However, I did get in. But this second semester.. has shown me that I don’t want to be a teacher anymore. At least, not a music teacher. Have you ever turned your passion into a career, did it take something away from it? Because that’s what has happened to me. Now I am going a totally different direction, and things are scary. I’ll move to a new city, new province. New school, different friends. Leaving old ones behind. I’m scared, but I think a new found independence will be good. The best part? I get to start a new, and take what I’ve learned from this first semester at the university and use it there. I understand that education is very different from counselling, but things I’ve learnt will stay with me, and help me along the way. Things may be tough, and they may seem like they aren’t going the way I planned, but everything will work out. 

Everything works out in the end, if it hasn't worked out; it's not the end 

No comments:

Post a Comment